UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva knows that Chael Sonnen's best weapon is his excellent wrestling attack. The two will meet in the main event Saturday night at UFC 148: Silva vs. Sonnen II from Las Vegas.
Sonnen has been training in wrestling since he was nine years old, working through the high school ranks to put together a solid MMA career. For "The Spider," however, that isn't going to help him when he gets punched in the face.
"He took me down, he is good at wrestling," Silva said. "Okay. Good. But I punch him in the face 'BAP! BAP! BAP! BOOM!' and that is it. I win. That's it. No different from the first fight on Saturday; I win!"
Silva claimed the first encounter, scoring a submission in the fifth round. The two have been waging verbal battles ever since 2010, and now they are just days away from locking horns.
FightLine will have complete coverage of the entire event, beginning with the prelims.
- Mike Brown Agrees To Bypass Retirement, Signs New Deal With UFC
- If Michael Bisping Wants It, Brian Stann Accepts
- Edson Barboza Advances, Needs Votes To Garner ESPY
- Tito Ortiz "Could Beat" Jon Jones In His Fighting Prime
- "Countdown To UFC 148" Takes In-Depth Look At Silva Vs. Sonnen II
- Silva-Sonnen Could Become Biggest UFC Rivalry Ever, Says Dana White
- "Bellator: MMA Onslaught" Available For Download On Playstation, XBox
- Video: Chael Sonnen Watches His Fight With Anderson Silva At UFC 117
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.