The light heavyweight contest between Wagner Prado and Phil Davis was expected to be a featured attraction on the UFC on Fox: Shogun vs. Vera prelims. However, an eye poke by Davis ended the bout before it could really get going.
Prado, who was making his UFC debut, has informed the Brazilian news outlet Tatame that his doctor has cleared him to resume training. UFC president Dana White has already said that the plans are to re-schedule the Prado-Davis bout in the near future.
"I don't know (when the fight will be scheduled)," Prado said. "I'm waiting for them. (The doctor) said he's sending me the report so I can forward it to the UFC, authorizing me to fight again."
The 24-year-old Prado sports a record of 8-0 with the one no-contest to Davis. He has finished seven of his eight wins by knockout or TKO.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
One rumored date for the rematch is UFC On FX: Browne vs. Bigfoot. That card takes place October 5 from Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Miguel Torres Announces That He Has Signed With Titan FC
- Johny Hendricks-Martin Kampmann Official For UFC 154
- Rampage Jackson Hints At Fighting Outside Of UFC After Bout With Glover Teixeira
- Seattle To Host UFC On Fox 5
- Frankie Edgar Makes Featherweight Move Official
- Chael Sonnen: Jon Jones "Will Never Fight Me"
- Chris Weidman Just Wants Anderson Silva To Give Him A Chance
- Anthony Pettis Says His Fight With Donald Cerrone "Is Happening"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.