Following in suite with Lyoto Machida (18-3) and Dan Henderson (29-8), Vitor Belfort (21-10) threw fuel to the fire about the naming of a new No. 1 contender for the light heavyweight championship. Earlier in the week, Dana White announced that Jon Jones' (17-1) next championship defense will be against Chael Sonenn (27-12-1), who makes his debut in a heavier weight class.
When the announcement was made, Belfort tweeted the following.
"I know that soonen is a big mouth but he can sale a fight and he step up when @ufc need them so I hope this can be a good choice good lucky"
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Belfort sent out the following tweet later slamming how fights are chosen and calling Sonnen one of the best talkers as a reason he got the title shot. The tweet read:
"There's a lot I do not agree, mainly fights that are married. You can see that fights are chosen."
Belfort remains out of action after losing to Jones at UFC 152 in late September. Jones vs. Sonnen will take place in April after the 17th season of The Ultimate Fighter concludes.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
- Miesha Tate Disgusted By Bellator's Placement Of Zoila Gurgel
- Matt Riddle Confirms He Has Medical Marijuana Card
- Erik Koch To Return At UFC 155 Vs. Ricardo Lamas
- Carlos Condit: I'm Playing The Role Of Spoiler Again
- Ed Soares Calls CSAC Idiots Over Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante’s Suspension
- Pair Of New Fights Added To TUF Finale
- Michael Bisping Looks Ahead To A Middleweight Championship Fight
- T.J. Dillashaw And Mike Easton Added To UFC On FOX 5
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.