Vitor Belfort has been one of the top fighters in MMA for several years. "The Phenom" will return to action September 22 to take on UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones at UFC 152: Jones vs. Belfort.
Belfort is also known as one of the main staples who helped bring the sport to Brazil. When he first entered the UFC as just a teen, Belfort stormed through several of the best fighters in the world, including Randy Couture.
Now, as he enters the final years of his career, Belfort was asked to reflect on the state of Brazilian fighters inside the Octagon during an appearance on UFC Tonight recently.
"I am a fan of all of them," said Belfort, when asked who his favorite Brazilian fighter is. "Like from a fighter perspective, career perspective, we have all kinds of talent. We have these guys, the young guys, the old guys, Royce Gracie, Mauricio Rua; you know, we have guys that came and are no longer in the UFC like Pedro Rizzo."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Belfort also looked to the younger generation, mentioning Jose Aldo and Renan Barao, both Brazilians who currently wear UFC gold. In moving his training to Florida to work with the Blackzilians, Belfort is also getting a new look at other fighters looking to enter the UFC down the road.
"Everyday, I go to the gym and I see the new breed of fighters," Belfort said. "I see them train and I really get energy from them and I try to use everything they have to take it in and learn new techniques and new moves."
- Dana White "The #1 Contender Right Now Is Weidman"
- Dana White Hopes Jose Aldo Vs Frankie Edgar Can Still Happen This Year
- Stephan Bonnar Makes Light Of His Underdog Status
- Consistent Way Of Life Reason For Cole Konrad's MMA Retirement
- Alan Belcher-Yushin Okami Targeted For UFC 155
- Scott Coker Explains Larkin's Title Shot And Talks Last Heavyweight Fight
- Scott Coker Weighs In On Melendez-Thomson 4, Wants Rousey-Cyborg To Happen
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline