Vinny Magalhaes (10-5-1 NC) knows when competition is out there, one must take full advantage of it to make way for a possible future title shot. He cited his friendship with Glover Teixeira (19-2) as a prime example of his willingness to become the best.
"In a title situation, I would fight anybody," said Magalhaes to Bloody Elbow. "I'd fight my mother in that case. Me and Glover are good friends. To just get a fight, that's not going to take either one of us anywhere, I don't think we would fight. I don't think it would be anything that would happen soon, unless there was a title in the picture."
Magalhaes returned to the Octagon at UFC 152 where he earned a second round submission win. He had called Phil Davis (10-1-1 NC) out recently hoping to make the fight happen, but nothing came of it. The Brazilian's next fight is not known though he hopes to return as soon as possible.
Prior to resigning with the UFC, Magalhaes was defeated in the finale of The Ultimate Fighter and the subsequent bout. He would have to win five in a row before the promotion decided to resign him.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Brian Stann-Wanderlei Silva To Headline UFC On Fuel TV 8
- Diego Sanchez Confirms He Is Fighting Takanori Gomi At UFC On Fuel TV 8
- Georges St-Pierre Vs. Nick Diaz Close To Being Finalized For UFC 158
- Edwin Figueroa-Francisco Rivera Set For UFC 156
- UFC On Fox 5 Official Attendance, Live Gate Figures Announced
- Cub Swanson-Dennis Siver Added To UFC On Fuel TV 7
- Bellator 83 Ratings Bomb
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.