UFC middleweight contender Chris Weidman recently underwent extensive surgery to repair damage done during a training incident. The injury knocked Weidman out of a planned UFC 155: Dos Santos vs. Velasquez II fight with Tim Boetsch.
Weidman (9-0) suffered a torn labrum and rotator cuff, along with a separation of his AC joint and a tear in his ligament. He is hoping to be back to 100-percent in four months.
The surgery, however, allowed for a "friend" of Weidman's to take some video of "The All-American" waking up following the procedure. It makes for an interesting minute-and-a-half, and you can view the video in the player below:
- Phil Davis Knows To Never Count Forrest Griffin Out
- BAMMA 11 Results: UFC Vet Xavier Foupa-Pokam Stuns Jack Marshman
- Video: Dana White Appears On Fox's NFL Pregame Show
- Brendan Schaub Discusses His Relationship With NFL Star Tim Tebow
- Jon Jones Has No Plans To Ever Reconcile With Rashad Evans
- Dan McGuane: Bellator Officials Knew Of My Past Manslaughter Charges
- Josh Thomson Hopes For A Spot On Strikeforce’s Last Card
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.