In an interview with AXS TV Fights, Faber explained how he broke his rib just over two minutes into the first of a five round fight against Renan Barão (31-1-1) and then sarcastically spoke about comments Rogan made.
"Joe Rogan's commentary was pretty impressive," said Faber. "It was like getting under my nerves when watching it on the actual thing talking about how hurt I was. I wasn't hurt other than my rib bothering me a little bit."
Faber (32-6) has now unsuccessfully challenged twice for the bantamweight championship since his UFC debut and falls 2-2 inside the Octagon. This fight marked Faber's fifth straight championship loss, as he lost three title fights for the WEC Featherweight Championship and now two for the UFC Bantamweight Championship.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
He was originally scheduled to have rematch against current bantamweight championship and the opposing coach on the inaugural season of The Ultimate Fighter: Live Dominick Cruz (20-1), who pulled out of the fight two months prior due to a torn ACL in his knee.
Cruz and Barão are expected to unify the championship in their next fight with Faber's next challenger unclear.
- Phil Davis Still Learning From Loss To Rashad Evans
- Matt Serra Feels Like Chris Weidman Can Defeat Anderson Silva
- Mauricio "Shogun" Rua Wants His Title Back From Jon Jones
- Cesar Gracie: Diaz Fighting Silva Not About Title
- Chris Weidman Has Words For Both Managers Of Anderson Silva
- Roger Gracie Says Fighting Tim Kennedy Would Be "Interesting Fight"
- "Road To The Octagon" Airs On Fox Today, Features Rua, Vera, Bader, Machida Camps
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline