- NCAA Basketball
- NCAA Football
- Fantasy MLB
- Fantasy NBA
- Fantasy NFL
- Other Sports
- Alternative Medicine
- Food and Nutrition
- Health Care
- Medical Treatments
- Mental Health
- Weight Loss
- Women's Health
- Alcohol Addiction
- Drug Addiction
Urijah Faber vs. Renan Barao: "Faber is a Tough Guy"
Renan Barao has the biggest opportunity of his young MMA career Saturday night when he takes on Urijah Faber in the main event of UFC 149: Faber vs. Barao. The card takes place from Calgary, Alberta, Canada on pay-per-view.
Barao enters as the favorite, as he has not lost since his debut several years ago. He is a perfect 3-0 inside the Octagon, but will be facing his biggest challenge in Faber, a former WEC champion.
"(Faber) is a tough guy, good athlete, that's it," said Barao, during a recent interview following his pre-fight media workout. "He is very powerful, strong, but I'm well-prepared and ready for the fight."
Barao has went 28-0 with one no-contest in his last 29 fights, a streak that rivals any in all of MMA. A total of 13 of his wins have come by way of submission, but this will be his first UFC main event. Barao feels no added pressure with the bright lights set on him.
"No pressure," Barao said. "Just focused on the fight. I'm very calm and relaxed."
FightLine will be providing complete coverage of the entire card. You can also see the entire interview with Barao in the video below:
- UFC 149: Faber Vs. Barao" Results
- Video: Bellator 72 Highlights Include Paul Daley
- Dana White Shoots Down Tim Sylvia-To-Strikeforce Talk
- Ian McCall Pulls Out Of August Fight With John Moraga
- Bellator 72 Results: Amoussou Claims Title Shot, Daley Earns Victory
- Rebellion MMA Radio: Sarah Kaufman, Lyle Beerbohm To Be Guest
- UFC 148 PPV Number Didn't Reach What Dana White Was Hoping For
- Renan Barao Just Ready To Get Fight With Urijah Faber Started
- Tim Sylvia Returning To Zuffa, Set To Face Daniel Cormier In Strikeforce
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.