Urijah Faber doesn't dislike Renan Barao, but when "The California Kid" steps inside the Octagon with Barao next Saturday at UFC 149: Faber vs. Barao, he will have plenty of hatred for him. The two lock up for the interim UFC bantamweight title from Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Faber was originally expected to face Dominick Cruz for the UFC bantamweight crown, but Cruz was knocked out with a knee injury. Instead, Faber and Barao will compete for the interim title.
"He's got this great record, but I've fought better guys and beaten better guys than he has," Faber said. "I don't know Barao, I know nothing about him personally and I don't dislike him as a person like I do Dominick Cruz, but every fight is personal to me."
Faber added that, "Barao is trying to harm me, to mess me up and take away my dream of being the UFC world champion. What's more personal than that?"
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Barao has not lost since his debut, going 29 fights without a loss. One of those was a no-contest, while 19 of them have been stoppages. Faber, meanwhile, is 26-6 and a former WEC champion.
- Alexander Gustafsson Targeting Early Fall Return To Action
- Chael Sonnen Gives His Responses To "Rampage" Jackson
- Anderson Silva's Wife Extends BBQ Invite To Chael Sonnen
- Anthony Johnson Feels "Healthier" By Making Decision To Fight At 205
- John Lineker Vs. Yasuhiro Urushitani On Deck For UFC 151
- Melvin Guillard Says "There Is No Way" Donald Cerrone Can Beat Him
- Roy Nelson Happy To Be Average, Not Sure Where Hatred From Shane Carwin Originated
- Tito Ortiz Says TRT Use Needs To Be Stopped Right Now
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.