Urijah Faber would take a match with Dominick Cruz in a second and hope for nothing short of having his hand raised against the UFC bantamweight champion. But, seeing Cruz suffer through another several months of rehab following a second knee injury, well, that pains "The California Kid."
"I definitely feel for him," said Faber, on UFC Tonight recently. "When it comes down to the fact, the guy loves the sport, he works hard and there are a lot of admirable things about him."
Faber, who had several verbal wars with Cruz during their time on The Ultimate Fighter as coaches, added, "I want him to heal up so I can beat him. I wish him a speedy recovery. I hate to hear it, really."
Faber and Cruz have split their two previous bouts. Faber is set to face Ivan Menjivar at UFC 157: Rousey Vs. Carmouche in February. Cruz was forced to undergo a second knee operation after the first did not heal properly.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Brian Stann-Wanderlei Silva To Headline UFC On Fuel TV 8
- Diego Sanchez Confirms He Is Fighting Takanori Gomi At UFC On Fuel TV 8
- Georges St-Pierre Vs. Nick Diaz Close To Being Finalized For UFC 158
- Edwin Figueroa-Francisco Rivera Set For UFC 156
- UFC On Fox 5 Official Attendance, Live Gate Figures Announced
- Cub Swanson-Dennis Siver Added To UFC On Fuel TV 7
- Bellator 83 Ratings Bomb
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.