It appears as if Ulysses Gomez is headed to the UFC. On Twitter Monday night, Gomez agreed with a post that involved UFC matchmaker Sean Shelby and Iridium Sports Agency on Twitter.
Gomez has won nine of his 11 career MMA fights, including the last two via submission. He was expected to compete in the semifinals of the Bellator bantamweight tournament, but a staph infection knocked him out.
Da Silva, who goes by the Formiga nickname, signed his UFC contract earlier this month. He carries a 14-1 record with him, including four consecutive submission triumphs. His lone loss came at the hands of Ian McCall.
- Alexander Gustafsson Targeting Early Fall Return To Action
- Chael Sonnen Gives His Responses To "Rampage" Jackson
- Anderson Silva's Wife Extends BBQ Invite To Chael Sonnen
- Anthony Johnson Feels "Healthier" By Making Decision To Fight At 205
- John Lineker Vs. Yasuhiro Urushitani On Deck For UFC 151
- Melvin Guillard Says "There Is No Way" Donald Cerrone Can Beat Him
- Roy Nelson Happy To Be Average, Not Sure Where Hatred From Shane Carwin Originated
- Tito Ortiz Says TRT Use Needs To Be Stopped Right Now
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.