The Ultimate Fighter: Live (The Ultimate Fighter 15) settled into its new home on FX last Friday with their second episode, for which the ratings are in.
MMAJunkie has confirmed that the episode drew 1.1 million viewers in its second installment, a slight dip from the numbers pulled in by this season's debut episode. The TUF 15 premiere, which saw the original thirty-two cast members whittled down to sixteen, pulled in an audience of 1.3 million.
The numbers so far are consistently lower than the average pulled in by fourteen prior seasons that aired on SpikeTV and significantly lower than the audiences of three million predicted by UFC president Dana White.
The Ultimate Fighter: Live features a new format, with a much quicker turnaround in the editing room and a live fight to accompany each weekly episode. This season's coaches are standout UFC bantamweight fighters Dominick Cruz and Urijah Faber.
On the last episode, Team Cruz underdog James Vick took out one of Team Faber's more highly-regarded prospects in Daron Cruickshank, giving control of the next fight to Cruz, who set up a bout between top seeds Cristiano Marcello (TF) vs. Justin Lawrence (TC) for next week's episode.
For a full recap of last week's episode, click here.
- Tom Watson Talks Title-fight At BAMMA 9, Possible Shot In Strikeforce
- "UFC On FX" Fight Roundup: Roberts-Magalhaes, Camozzi-Catone, Pague-Papazian
- Ken Shamrock Defends Himself Against Dana White
- The Pros Give Their Take On Jones Vs. Evans
- Justin Lawrence Talks Upcoming "TUF: Live" Fight
- Video Buffet: "Dragon Eyes" Preview, Inside D. Cruz's Training Camp, MMA In NY
- Josh Barnett Breaks Down Dos Santos Vs. Overeem
- Ronda Rousey Keeping Company With MMA's Most Notorious
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.