Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson each advanced one fighter to the semifinals during Friday night's episode of The Ultimate Fighter. Neil Magny of Team Carwin moved on, while Colton Smith from Team Nelson advanced.
Magny defeated Bristol Marunde, a Strikeforce veteran, via unanimous decision, while Smith scored a decision over Igor Araujo. Marunde and Araujo both represented Team Carwin, as well.
The series returns in two weeks with another pair of quarterfinal bouts. Joey Rivera and Jon Manley from Team Nelson square off, along with Team Nelson's Michael Hill and Team Carwin's Mike Ricci. The semifinals will also be announced during that episode on November 30.
- Cyborg Knew Females Would Make It To The UFC Roster
- Dan Severn’s Retirement Plan Remains The Same
- Carlos Condit Promises To Improve, Return After UFC 154 Loss
- Dana White Reiterates Plans To Make GSP-Anderson Silva Happen
- Jake Ellenberger Pleads For Match With Johny Hendricks
- Nick Diaz "Not Impressed" By GSP's Performance At UFC 154
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.