Colton Smith, a Staff Sergeant with the United States Armed Forces, earned a decision victory over Eddy Ellis on The Ultimate Fighter Fridays. Smith gave Team Roy Nelson a victory over Shane Carwin's team.
Team Carwin continues to lead the overall battle 3-2. Smith joins teammate Joey Rivera in the winner's bracket.
Smith earned a majority decision after claiming a 10-8 second round. Most felt a third round would be needed, but the judges ruled it for Smith (3-1), a Ranger-tabbed infantryman.
"Eddy is a great mixed martial artist, but I knew coming in I would prevail," Smith said. "I felt very accomplished but realized I wasn't on top of my game in the first round and made the fight a lot harder on myself."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Ellis (17-15-1) has tried out for the show since season two. He said "I wasn't able to settle down and implement my fight (in the second round)."
- Miesha Tate Disgusted By Bellator's Placement Of Zoila Gurgel
- Matt Riddle Confirms He Has Medical Marijuana Card
- Erik Koch To Return At UFC 155 Vs. Ricardo Lamas
- Carlos Condit: I'm Playing The Role Of Spoiler Again
- Ed Soares Calls CSAC Idiots Over Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante’s Suspension
- Pair Of New Fights Added To TUF Finale
- Michael Bisping Looks Ahead To A Middleweight Championship Fight
- T.J. Dillashaw And Mike Easton Added To UFC On FOX 5
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.