UFC executive Marshall Zelaznik was asked during the UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar pre-fight press conference on Thursday about future plans for the promotion to return to Brazil. The card this Saturday takes place from the HSBC Arena in Rio de Janeiro.
"We're confident if we held an event in a stadium in Brazil, it would be a massive success," Zelaznik said. "Every one of the cities in Brazil are trying to get ahold of us to have meetings to bring an event (to their stadium)."
You might remember the UFC was looking to do such an event earlier this year before running into trouble with a planned United Nations conference the same week as the card. That main event would have featured UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen.
Silva will compete this weekend, facing Stephan Bonnar at light heavyweight. The planned return to Brazil will likely take place in late 2013.
- Chris Camozzi Plans To Donate Part Of His Purse Back To Brazilian Youth
- Video: Extended Preview For Saturday's UFC 153 Card
- Bellator 76 Official With Weigh-Ins Complete
- Jon Fitch Getting Title Shots Is A "Popularity Contest"
- Phil Davis Planning To Finish Wagner Prado And Set The Record Straight
- Mark DellaGrotte Talks Here Comes The Boom, Hopes Bonnar Gets Out Of Brazil Alive
- Glover Teixeira Ready To Bring Excitement To The Octagon
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.