Pat Schilling went 0-2 in his first two UFC fights, and confirmed on his Twitter account recently that he has been released. Schilling last competed at the recent Ultimate Fighter: Live Finale card, falling to Max Holloway.
Schilling (5-2) picked up five regional victories, all by first round stoppage, before being signed to compete for the UFC. He dropped his debut to Daniel Pineda by submission in 1:37.
"I've officially been cut by the UFC," Schilling posted. "I am the luckiest guy in the world for the opportunity I was given. Now, time to celebrate the coolest time of my life: the time I got to be a fighter in the UFC!"
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Video: Trailer For MMA-Centered Film "Here Comes The Boom" Released
- Alistair Overeem Discusses His Suspension On "UFC Tonight"
- Terry Etim Out, Joe Lauzon Awaits New Opponent For "UFC On FOX 4"
- Pre-Fight Trash Talk By Anderson Silva Doesn't Bother Chael Sonnen
- BJ Penn Requests VADA Testing For Fight With Rory MacDonald
- Video: Vitor Belfort Has Pins Removed From Hand After Surgery
- Pat Schilling Released By UFC
- Vitor Belfort Looking Towards A Future At Light Heavyweight
- Dana White Expecting UFC 100-Like Numbers For UFC 148