The UFC will be making an impact in Japan next year, as NikkanSports is reporting that four events will take place in the country. The cards will be based around Japanese fighters, according to the report.
The events will not be part of the UFC's typical numbering system, and are slated for venues that host upwards of 5,000 people.
Earlier this year, the UFC returned to Japan for UFC 144. The card drew 20,000 people to the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan.
Thanks to AsianMMA for transcribing the report.
- UFC Gearing Up For Japan-Based Series Of Events In 2013
- Jon Jones Asks Rashad Evans If He Is Becoming A "Brother" To Vitor Belfort
- Anderson Silva Admits He Didn't Finish Thales Leites Because "He's A Friend"
- Amanda Nunes-Cat Zingano Added To Strikeforce Event In September
- "Countdown To UFC 152" Debuts September 18
- TUF Vet Josh Ferguson Released From UFC
- Update On King Mo's Knee Injury, Timetable For Return
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.