Several fighters who competed on the recent UFC on FX: Johnson vs. McCall event from Florida were handed medical suspensions by the Floria State Boxing Commission. MMAjunkie.com received the information from the commission recently.
Matt Grice was given an indefinite suspension for a likely broken foot, while Josh Neer, Scott Jorgensen and Eddie Wineland each received 60-day suspensions. Jorgensen and Wineland were awarded Fight of the Night honors for their efforts.
UFC ON FX: JOHNSON VS. MCCALL MEDICAL SUSPENSIONS
Matt Grice: Indefinite suspension pending orthopedic clearance due to possible left foot fracture
Josh Neer: Suspended 60 days for precautionary reasons due to knockout
Eddie Wineland: Suspneded 60 days due to forehead laceration
Scott Jorgensen: Suspended 60 days due to possible concussion
Lance Benoist: Suspended 45 days sue to lacerations on right eyebrow and under right eye
Sean Pierson: Suspended 45 days due to scalp laceration
Justin Salas: Suspended 30 days due to chin laceration
- Frank Shamrock Slams UFC Hall Of Fame
- Quick Shots: Dana White Jokes On Rampage, Done Buying Companies
- B.J. Penn Looking To Show Tristar & Canada What He's Really About
- Video: Wanderlei Silva Trains With Lyoto Machida At Black House
- UFC Featherweight Ross Pearson Excited To Test His Skills Against Cub Swanson, Make Title Run
- Michael Bisping Reads Texts From Chael Sonnen On 'UFC Tonight'
- Dana White On Fernandes: If He Says He Didn't Sign, He Didn't Sign
- Dan Miller Talks Welterweight Debut At "UFC On FX: Maynard Vs. Guida"
- Kenny Florian On The Former Contender’s New Career