The UFC has placed three important matches on the final Fox-televised card of the year. UFC on Fox 5, which takes place December 8 at a site to be determined, will feature Benson Henderson defending his UFC lightweight title against Nate Diaz.
Also, former UFC light heavyweight champion Mauricio "Shogun" Rua will take on rising star Alexander Gustafsson, and former UFC champion BJ Penn faces Rory MacDonald. News of the fight card was first announced by USA Today.
Henderson (17-2) recently defeated Frankie Edgar in his first title defense. Diaz (16-7) has put together an 11-5 UFC record, earning his shot at the belt with wins over Donald Cerrone and Jim Miller.
Rua (21-6) and Gustafsson (14-1) serves as the co-main event and could elevate the winner into a future shot at the title, while MacDonald (13-1) and Penn (16-8-2) is a rescheduled fight that was moved after MacDonald suffered a cut in training.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Conflict MMA To Honor Fallen Fighter Tyrone Mims
- Randy Couture's Comeback Fight? Steven Seagal
- Shinya Aoki Now Off Next ONE FC Card, Slated For October Instead
- Junior Dos Santos Named Ambassador Of Salvador For 2014 World Cup
- Frankie Edgar Talks Move To Featherweight, Doesn't Believe Cut Would Have Issues
- Thiago Alves, Siyar Bahadurzada Push For Future Fight
- BJ Penn Believes Cut Wasn't Only Reason Rory MacDonald Pulled Out Of Scheduled Fight
- UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II Medical Suspensions Contain Champion
- Jon Jones Fires Back At Chael Sonnen, Refers To Him As "Coward," "Cheater"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.