The Staples Center was treated to a grand event Saturday night at UFC on Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera. While Mauricio "Shogun" Rua scored a main event victory, it was Lyoto Machida earning the next shot at the UFC light heavyweight title.
Machida knocked out Ryan Bader in the second round of the co-main event. Rua downed Brandon Vera with a fourth round knockout.
The attendance inside the Staples Center in Los Angeles was 16,080. The live gate was $1.1 million.
- Dana White Details Rory MacDonald's Injury That Put Him Out Of BJ Penn Fight
- Prado Ready For Next Fight After Davis’ Poke To The Eye Stops His UFC Debut Early
- UFC President Feels MMA Qualifies As An Olympic Sport
- Dana White Talks The Possibility Of A One Handed Fighter Joining The UFC
- Dana White Ecstatic With All The Fights At UFC On FOX 4
- Rua Okay With No Championship Shot For His Next Fight
- Lauzon Avoids Varner’s Overhand Right To Secure Submission Victory
- The Dragon Is Back As Machida Earns Championship Shot
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.