There was not shortage of Battles on the Bayou tonight as the 25th installment of UFC Fight Night went off without a hitch once again. Following the preliminary card which streamed on the UFC Facebook fan page, the main card featured a two TUF season winners and a multi-promotional champion.
Lets take a gander at the full results of tonight’s Spike TV Televised Main Card:
• Jake Ellenberger (25-5) defeats Jake Shields (26-6-1) via TKO (Round 1, (0:53)
Shields did more damage on referee Kevin Mulhol then he did on his opponent in this one. Ellenberger knocked Shields senseless early with a couple of knees followed by finishing blows that had Shields thinking that Mulhol was Ellenberger after the fight had already been stopped. You can’t help but feel for Shields after the recent passing of his father and manager Jack just weeks ago. It goes without saying that this once in a lifetime tragedy was weighing on Shields mind tonight whether or not it had an effect on the final outcome. One thing is for certain, Jake Ellenberger just made a case for that Jon Fitch match he’s been clamoring for should Fitch defeat Johny Hendricks, while in defeat Shields still remains one of the top Welterweights in the world.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
• Court McGee (14-1) defeats Dong Yi Yang (10-2) via Unanimous Decision (30–27, 29–28, 30–28)
This contest really took off in the 3rd round when both fighters showed that they were worthy of Co – Main Event status on this night. McGee had Yang right where he wanted but luckily for his opponent the bell rang as McGee sunk in the guillotine after teeing off on Yang with some vicious elbows from top position.
• Eric Koch (13-1) defeats Jonathan Brookins (12-4) via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
Pretty uneventful fight that could have been scored either way. Although Koch got the better of the exchanges within distance, Brookins was the stronger of the two although he failed to capitalize when he had Koch against the cage. Both of these Featherweights can and have done much better than they did tonight.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
• Alan Belcher (17-6) defeats Jason MacDonald (25-15) via submission (strikes) (Round 1, 3:48)
Belcher utilized vicious ground and pound with a hefty dose of elbows until MacDonald basically gave up. This is exactly what Belcher needed after a 16 month lay off from the Octagon. For the very talented MacDonald it shows that he just doesn’t have what it takes to compete with the best of the best.
- UFC Fight Night 25: Battle on the Bayou Predictions
- UFC Fight Night 25: Battle on the Bayou Main Card Preview
- Jake Shields Looking to Rebound After His First Loss in Nearly 6 Years
- Georges St Pierre and Jose Aldo Retain Belts at UFC 129
- Matt Riddle returns to action at UFC Fight Night 25: Battle on the Bayou
Get more great MMA news, recaps and analysis over at MMA Valor.