UFC president Dana White has decided to undergo surgery. White has been battling Meniere's Disease for several months now.
Meniere's disease is a disorder of the inner ear that can affect hearing and balance to a varying degree. It can cause vertigo, low pitched tinnitus and hearing loss.
"Saw the Dr today about my menieres and I'm (getting) the surgery when I get home from Brazil!!!!:)" White posted on Twitter.
White is currently on his way to UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar in Brazil. It's possible that the surgery keeps him from doing his normally day-to-day routine, but the UFC does not have another event scheduled until UFC on Fuel TV: Franklin vs. Le on November 10 in China.
- Anderson Silva's "Focus" Is On GSP Super-Fight
- Jon Fitch Not Ready To Step To The Side In Welterweight Division
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Is "Useless," According To Dave Herman
- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Confident He Will Finish Dave Herman At UFC 153
- Vinny Magalhaes: UFC Fighter And Master Prognosticator
- Anderson Silva Feeling Excited For UFC 153 Fight With Stephan Bonnar
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.