No one was more disappointed to have to pull out of UFC 151 than Dan Henderson. However, a partially torn knee ligament was too much for Henderson to overcome, and he was taken out of the planned main event fight with UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones.
Henderson took to his Facebook page to release a statement, detailing the injury and his feelings on the entire situation.
"Sadly and unfortunately, I partially tore a ligament in my knee in training. As a result, I've had to make one of the toughest decisions that I have ever had to make....for the first time in my career I am forced to pull out of a fight, my fight with Jon Jones at UFC 151," Henderson wrote. "Luckily, surgery is not needed at this time and I will be completely devoted to rehabbing my knee as quickly as possible."
Henderson continued, saying, "I feel like I owe it to my fans and all the people supporting me to fight at my full potential in order to give myself a chance to win the UFC title. I also want to thank Dana and Lorenzo (Fertitta) for being so understanding and supportive. I will continue to pursue the UFC belt with all of my heart!"
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Ken Shamrock Accused Of Assaulting A Woman
- Joe Rogan Feels The Older The Fighter The Better
- Lyoto Machida Turns Down Title Shot, Jon Jones Gets New Opponent For UFC 152
- Jon Jones Finally Makes His First Public Statements Since UFC 151 Cancellation
- Strikeforce: Rousey Vs. Kaufman Draws Over 3,500
- Joe Lauzon Does His Best To Sum Up The Entire Jon Jones-UFC 151 Drama
- Lightweights Shane Roller-Jacob Volkmann, Michael Johnson-Danny Castillo Moved To October
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.