Buddy Roberts vs. Yushin Okami
Middleweights Buddy Roberts (12-2) and Yushin Okami (26-7) are up next. Roberts has won six straight, while Okami is coming off two consecutive losses. The referee will be Herb Dean.
Round 1: Roberts tries to catch Okami early, firing off several lefts and rights that back Okami up. Roberts with a head kick and Okami seems fine with waiting for his opening. Roberts landing several nice jabs and inside leg kicks.
Big left hook just a glancing blow by Roberts, but it appeared to hurt Okami. Knees to the body by Roberts. Okami switches things and takes the back, but Okami is unable to get him to the canvas. Okami finally gets him down, but Roberts doing a nice job of avoiding the submission attempts so far. Okami appears to be working for a crucifix as we approach 30 seconds left. Okami switches to the mount, Roberts rolls over and Okami has his back, landing some nice lefts and rights to the head. Okami teeing off, but the bell sounds and the round is over.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
FightLine scores the round 10-9 for Okami
Round 2: Roberts catches Okami and backs him up, landing a nice strike. Okami able to get Roberts down, but Roberts attempts to lock in a guillotine choke. Roberts is unsuccessful, but gets to his feet. Okami drops down and gets a takedown with a double-leg. Okami takes the back and is teeing off much like the end of round one. Over two minutes to go, and Roberts isn't defending himself. This one doesn't have much longer to go, as the referee is on top of hte action. Despite Roberts blocking most of the shots, the referee still ends it because Roberts wasn't doing much on bottom.
Yushin Okami def. Buddy Roberts via TKO (strikes) at 3:05 of Round 2
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
- "UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II" Live Coverage & Results
- Benson Henderson A Fan Of Nate Diaz, Excited To Face Him
- Video: UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II Post-Fight Press Conference
- Several Sound Off On Controversial Benson Henderson-Frankie Edgar Decision
- Donald Cerrone Admits He Got "Teary Eyed," Calls Out Anthony Pettis Again
- UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II Fight Bonuses Handed Out
- Nate Diaz, Cesar Gracie Discuss Henderson-Edgar Bout
- Disappointed Frankie Edgar Feels Like He Won Fight With Benson Henderson
- Benson Henderson Successfully Defends UFC Lightweight Title With Decision Victory
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.