Yesterday, the UFC held a brief press conference to officially announce Jose Aldo vs. Erik Koch for the main event of UFC 149. UFC 149 will take place on July 21 at the Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, marking the first time that the promotion has held an event in the province.
UFC's director of Canadian operations Tom Wright oversaw the presser, and was joined by Aldo and Koch on the panel.
-Aldo is excited to fight in Canada for the second time, says he was very impressed with the country and the audience.
-"When I got the call, I'll tell you, I walked straight into my living room, dropped to my knees and screamed at the top of my lungs. I was so excited." - Koch on getting the title shot.
-Koch is excited to "break ground" by fighting on the first Calgary fight card and challenging for the title.
-Aldo isn't worried about the elevation, he's fought at higher places and he likes the challenge. Koch shares his sentiment, "We're fighters, we train for this."
-Aldo is very excited to "conquer the hearts" of the Canadian fans.
- Jon Jones Vs. Dan Henderson For UFC Light Heavyweight Title Going Down September 1
- Video: Jeremy Stephens' Latest UFC On Fuel TV 3 Vlog
- Joe Lauzon Vs. Terry Etim At UFC On Fox 4
- Bellator Inks Wrestling Standout Shanon Slack
- Two Heavyweight Bouts Added To UFC On Fox 4
- Jose Aldo Up For The Challenge Posed By An "Excited" Erik Koch
- "UFC 149: Aldo Vs. Koch" Announcement Presser Notes And Quotes
- Video: UFC 149 Press Conference
- Video: Hector Lombard Appears On "UFC Tonight" To Talk Brian Stann Fight
- Ex-UFC Fighter Chris Lytle Not Voted Into Indiana Senate
- Benson Henderson's First Title Defense Set For UFC 150 Against Frankie Edgar
- Urijah Faber To Compete For UFC Interim Bantamweight Title
- Nephew Of Anderson Silva To Compete Saturday At "Lion Fight Muay Thai VI"
- Papy Abedi Will Seek First UFC Win Vs. Rick Story At "UFC On FX 4"
- Gilbert Melendez "Coming For All The 55-Pounders" Regardless Of Promotion
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.