No Fight of the Night bonus was awarded for Saturday's UFC 146: Dos Santos vs. Mir fight card, but not for a lack of action. Instead, the UFC handed out four fight night bonuses -- two Knockout of the Nights and two Submission of the Nights.
Saturday's awards were in the amount of $70,000 each.
The two Submission of the Night awards were earned by Paul Sass and Stefan Struve. Sass picked up his ninth win by triangle when he submitted Jacob Volkmann in the first round of their preliminary match up. Struve took home his fat bonus check for dispatching of a hard-charging Lavar Johnson with a first-round armbar in the first main card fight of the evening.
Dan Hardy and Roy "Big Country" Nelson won the two Knockout of the Night awards for their respective performances. Hardy came back from a four-fight losing streak with a first-round finish over Duane Ludwig, dropping the veteran with a picture-perfect left hook. Nelson bested Dave Herman on the main card, sitting his opponent down with a hard overhand right early in the first round.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
UFC 146 went down from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas Saturday night. For full results, click here.
- Dan Hardy: “I Feel Like That Was My UFC Debut”
- UFC's Alan Belcher Gives Webinar For Leglock Defense
- Mayhem Miller Talks Backstage Incident, Retirement
- Report: Anderson Silva Has Injured His Knee
- Video: Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic Wins By KO At K-1 Rising
- Big Country Sticks It To Bosses With UFC 146 Win
- Alistair Overeem Likely To Remain Top Contender After Suspension
- Dana White Confirms Nottingham Fight Card
- Video: Junior Dos Santos Vs. Frank Mir Highlights
- Dana White Talks Arianny Celeste's Arrest
- Video: Cain Velasquez Vs. Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva Highlights
- Dana White Hints At Brock Lesnar's Return
- Jason "Mayhem" Miller Cut From UFC
- Vitor Belfort Out Of UFC 147 With Broken Hand
- 'UFC 146: Dos Santos Vs. Mir' Live Gate And Attendance
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.