UFC 145: Jones vs. Evans went down over the weekend (Saturday, April 21) from the Philips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia; the event saw UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones clearly defend his belt against another former champion in Rashad Evans.
MMAJunkie has gotten their hands on the list of medical suspensions as handed down by the Georgia Athletic and Entertainment Commission, revealing that Miguel Torres was handed down the night's longest layoff.
Torres was suspended for sixty days and must provide a CT scan in order to be cleared. The former bantamweight champion was absolutely dogged by the rising Michael McDonald, who pasted Torres to the mat with a volley of hard punches to score a first round knockout.
Brendan Schaub and Che Mills come next in line, with each man being suspended for forty-five days. Schaub and Mills were both finished with strikes(Schaub by KO, Mills by TKO) on the card, to Ben Rothwell and Rory MacDonald, respectively.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Mark Hominick, Eddie Yagin and Chad Griggs were suspended for thirty days with twenty-one days of no contact. Hominick and Yagin busted each other up over their three-round, Fight of the Night performance (which was awarded to Yagin by split decision); Griggs was submitted by Travis Browne in the first round of their heavyweight contest.
Matt Brown, Stephen Thompson and Keith Wisniewski were suspended for fourteen days each. Brown defeated Thompson by unanimous decision in a three-round scrap, while Wisniewski was beaten via split decision by Chris Clements.
Mac Danzig was suspended indefinitely pending the outcome of a right ankle X-ray.
All other fighters who competed on the card were suspended for seven days.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true:
For full results from UFC 145, click here.
- Mark Munoz Vs. Chris Weidman Slated For Main Event Of "UFC On FUEL TV 4"
- Troubling Details Surface Surrounding Overeem's Doctor
- Gina Carano In Talks To Join Fast And Furious 6 Cast
- Ratings Roundup: UFC 145 Prelims And Bellator 66
- Video: Jim Miller Brews Beer To Relax
- Cruz Vs. Faber Stays On UFC 148 Card
- Hector Lombard's UFC Signing Imminent
- Jon Jones Vs. Dan Henderson Possible For UFC 149
- Overeem Denied License, Suspended 9 Months
- Video: Special UFC Press Conference From Brazil Discussing Anderson Silva-Chael Sonnen
- Anderson Silva Vs. Chael Sonnen Now Main Event Of "UFC 148"
- Unbeaten Prospects Stipe Miocic, Shane Del Rosario To Meet At "UFC 146"
- Roy Nelson Gets Gabriel Gonzaga For Heavyweight Battle At UFC 146
- Video: Bob Sapp Goes Down Again
- Dos Santos Heavy Favorite Over Mir At UFC 146
- UFC 147 Special Announcement Presser Tomorrow
- Silva-Sonnen Rematch May Not Be In Brazil, Announcement Shortly
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.