Tyrone Spong's (1-0) MMA debut came and went with a KO victory for the former kickboxing champion. Even with the quick win, Spong knows the fight wasn't his best. When rating the fight on a ten point scale, he gave himself a 7.5-8.
"I know I can do better," said Spong to Bleacher Report. "It was amazing to experience all of this in my MMA debut. It was a very nice knockout and I showed some skills in the fight. The fans were happy with the fight."
Spong's first MMA fight took place earlier this month against Travis Bartlett (7-3). The two fought at the inaugural World Series of Fighting show that aired on the NBC Sports Network.
"I wasn't more nervous because it was an MMA fight," said Spong. "A fight is a fight. I get paid to show up, fight, try to do my best and entertain the crowd."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
In kickboxing Spong held a 68-6 record and was on a four fight win streak when he last competed in June.
- Michael Bisping: If Anderson Silva Wants Time Off, Make Interim Title
- Ratings Hold Strong For Latest Episode Of The Ultimate Fighter
- UFC Goes With Alan Belcher-Yushin Okami For Final UFC 155 Main Card Bout
- Tyrone Spong Grades His MMA Debut From The WSOF
- Date Announced For Bellator Season 7 Featherweight Finals
- UFC 157 Targeted For February 23, Anaheim, California
- Jorge Masvidal: Strikeforce Lacks Communication
- Anderson Silva: No Plans To Enter Octagon, Challenge GSP At UFC 154
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.