Former kick boxing champion Tyrone Spong has made the call to become a MMA fighter and looks to make his debut for TFC before the year ends.
"I'm making a switch to MMA," said Spong on Inside MMA Live. "I'll probably have my debut somewhere around this November."
Spong's kickboxing record is 68-6 and he has won his last four fights. The most recent occurred this past June.
When he makes his MMA debut, it will be as a light heavyweight and by doing so he will need to do something he is not familiar with in cutting weight. He currently fights at around 230 pounds.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
"I was usually the smaller guy, so I never had to cut weight," said Spong. "I'm happy to face anyone that Titan will offer me."
His first opponent hasn't been announced.
- UFC Boss Has "No Regrets" Over Cancelling UFC 151
- Lyoto Machida's Decision To Pass On Title Shot Moves Him Down The Line
- Foot Injury Could Keep Mark Munoz Sidelined For Over A Year
- Dana White Confirms Georges St-Pierre Vs. Anderson Silva In The Plans
- Teams For The Ultimate Fighter: The Smashes Announced
- Odds Of Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza Fighting In November Looking Slim
- Tyson Nam, Bellator Contract Dispute Continues
- Video: Full Trailer For MMA-Inspired Film "Here Comes The Boom"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.