World Series of Fighting President Ray Sefo confirmed on MMA Fight Corner on Saturday that kickboxing phenom Tyrone Spong will join the promotion and will be a part of it's debut on November 3rd. Though it was recently announced days ago that Spong would make his MMA debut with Titan FC on November 2nd, it had been rumored on Twitter today that the Dutch kickboxer who trains with the Blackzilians would join the WSOF. We first spotted the news from @FrontRowBrian.
MMA Fight Corner: "I heard a rumor today that Tyrone Spong is coming to the World Series of MMA, is this true?"
Ray Sefo: "That is very true."
Sefo said Spong's opponent has yet to be announced, but he's suggested the former K-1 standout up could fight former UFC fighter, James McSweeney in a light heavyweight bout. "I think that fight, if it happens, it's going to be fight of the night," Sefo said.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
There was no information revealed as to what had happened with Titan FC and Spong's announcement that he'd make his MMA debut on November 2nd.
The WSOF's first event is set to take place at the PH Live in the Planet Hollywood Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas on November 3rd and features former WEC Bantamweight Champion Miguel Torres in the main event. Other well known MMA fighters like Rolles Gracie and Gregor Gracie have also been signed with the new Vegas promotion that will have it's debut aired live on NBC Sports Network.
- Martin Kampmann Doesn't Lack Confidence In Potential Georges St-Pierre Fight
- Jon Jones Has Future Plans To Beat Chael Sonnen "Silly"
- Antonio Banuelos Plans To Push The Pace In Lighter Weight Class
- Scott Coker Explains Reason Behind Lorenz Larkin's Strikeforce Title Shot
- Dan Henderson Believes He'll Get Jon Jones-Vitor Belfort Winner
- Ray Sefo: Tyrone Spong Coming To World Series Of Fighting
- Pat Barry "By The End Of This Year, I'm Going To Punch Somebody In The Face"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline