Travis Wiuff (68-14-1 NC) is no stranger to switching between the light heavyweight and heavyweight class.
To help make makes these transitions smoothly he says he works out four or five times a day to focus on his cardio.
"For me, it's mostly running," said Wiuff. "For getting the weight down, I do some long distance stuff and when I say 'long-distance' I mean about four miles. I do a lot of intervals on the treadmill; I like to run up a lot of hills. For me it's just about changing it up when it comes to running. That's what works for me. I've been doing that stuff since I started wrestling at five-years-old."
Wiuff admits that cutting the weight has become a bit of a challenge.
Popular VideoThis judge looked an inmate square in the eyes and did something that left the entire courtroom in tears:
"This last fight in Bellator against Chris Davis was the hardest it has ever been to get down to weight," said Wiuff. "I did a few things different and miscalculated. When I woke up, I was ten pounds over. I put [all my clothes] on and was on the treadmill for about an hour and a half. I like to stay out of the sauna and steam room as much as possible. I've done that kind of formula in the past and it's usually been really accurate and for some reason, this time, it was the worst cut I've ever had. I was still three pounds over. I did the last three pounds in the sauna and had no energy. We had to pull off some extreme measures."
Wiuff is currently on a six fight win streak and will challenge Attila Vegh (27-4-2) at Bellator 73 in the finals of the light heavyweight tournament.
- Jon Jones Talks About Upcoming Fight With Dan Henderson
- Jared Hamman Defends Decision To Continue Fighting At UFC 150
- Video: Ronda Rousey "Disguises" Herself To Try And Win Sarah Kaufman's Ticket Giveaway
- Anderson Silva Plans To Sit Out Remainder Of 2012
- Yushin Okami Ready To “Climb To The Top Again” After Victory
- Dennis Bermudez Shows Off His Chin Of Steel
- People Overlooking Dan Henderson Are "Crazy," Says Dana White
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline