Travis Browne is excited to make a name for himself. "Hapa" will face Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva in the main event of UFC On FX: Browne vs. Bigfoot this Friday night in Minneapolis.
Since the Zuffa purchased Strikeforce and combined the heavyweight division with the UFC, several marquee matchups have been signed. Browne will be looking to make a statement with a win over Silva, who owns a resume that includes a win over Fedor Emelianenko.
"Fighting 'Bigfoot' on FX - in the main event - is a great opportunity for me," Browne said. "The heavyweight division is more stacked than ever. It is so hard to get into the Top-5 right now, and everyone is looking so impressive; you have to be consistently impressive."
The 30-year-old Browne has earned four UFC victories and a draw with Cheick Kongo. Browne (13-0-1) has stopped Chad Griggs and Stefan Struve inside the Octagon.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- TUF Not In "Make-Or-Break" Year According To Dana White
- Clay Guida Adamant He Defeated Gray Maynard
- Shane Carwin, Roy Nelson Official For TUF 16 Finale
- Fine, Suspension For Forrest Griffin Followed Positive Drug Test
- Dana White Laughs Off Bobby Lashley As Daniel Cormier's Opponent
- UFC On Fuel TV 5 Replay Draws Better Ratings Than Original Broadcast
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.