Team Alpha Male scored a recent victory when Chad Mendes defeated Cody McKenzie. Now, T.J. Dillashaw continued to winning ways by submitting Vaughan Lee Wednesday night at UFC on Fuel TV: Munoz vs. Weidman.
Dillashaw, a finalist on The Ultimate Fighter, earned his second consecutive victory since a loss to John Dodson by securing a standing choke on Lee. He nearly submitted Walel Watson earlier this year, but had to settle for a decision.
"I was calm and waited for the opening," Dillshaw said. "I weathered the storm and waited for the right opportunity. Last fight I rushed it a little, so I remained calm this time."
Popular VideoThis judge looked an inmate square in the eyes and did something that left the entire courtroom in tears:
Dillashaw didn't call anyone out for his next fight, but said he is welcome to a tough challenge in the division. He did mention not taking any fight with Faber right now, saying, "I can't fight my own teammate."
- Bellator 72 Complete With Welterweight Final, Paul Daley's Debut
- Chris Weidman: Win Over Mark Munoz "Went As Good As I Could Have Imagined"
- Chael Sonnen Declares Chris Weidman New No. 1 Middleweight Contender
- Research Helped Pay Off For James Te Huna In His Win Over Joey Beltran
- Urijah Faber Always Compete With A Sense Of Urgency
- Renan Barao Unfazed By Lack Of Media Attention To Date
- Shane Carwin And Roy Nelson To Coach Next Season Of "The Ultimate Fighter"
- "Strikeforce: Rockhold Vs. Kennedy" Final Card, Live Coverage Saturday
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.