"I'm a huge fan of Cain Velasquez, but I think Junior dos Santos is a little too big," said Ortiz on MMA Interviews. "His striking is so amazing that he hasn't been touched that much, so I say dos Santos."
Santos defeated Velasquez at UFC on FOX 1 early in round one. After Santos connected with a right hand that knocked Velasquez on the ground, he only needed a few shots from the canvas to win the heavyweight championship.
Since then, both have won in their last outing. Santos defeated Frank Mir (16-6) and Velasquez defeated Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva (17-4) at UFC 146.
The rematch airs on UFC 155 this Saturday, December 29, from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, NV.
- Paul Daley Arrested, Barred From Entering U.S.; Bellator Cancels January Fight
- Junior Dos Santos Doesn’t Mind Holiday Training
- UFC 155 Results And Live Coverage This Saturday, Current Card
- Program Reminder: Countdown To UFC 155 Debuts Tonight At 11 PM ET
- José Aldo Is Conflicted On His Next Move
- Dan Hardy: TUF Cast Is Becoming The Jersey Shore
- Anthony Pettis On Beating Benson Henderson
- Brad Pickett On Who Deserves The Next Bantamweight Title Shot
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.