Former Ultimate Fighter runner-up Brendan Schaub experienced a similar situation to that of NFL star Tim Tebow recently. Schaub, who was preparing to face Lavar Johnson at UFC On Fox: Henderson Vs. Diaz this Saturday, found out Johnson would not be able to make the bout.
Tebow, who helped carry the Denver Broncos to the NFL playoffs last year, has went through a rough season as a member of the New York Jets. Schaub recently discussed his relationship with the much-maligned Tebow during an interview with MMAWeekly.com.
"He's a very good friend, been a good friend for a couple of years now, and me and him workout a lot together and text and call each other all the time," Schaub said. "He's a very positive guy, very similar to me. You are who you surround yourself with, and me and Tim are kind of the same in terms of work ethic and the way we go about life."
Schaub has been forced to keep his upbeat attitude after finding out he wouldn't be competing in Seattle. After back-to-back losses, "The Hybrid" wanted nothing more than to close out 2012 with a victory.
"For me, I just stay positive," said Schaub, who will still attend the event this coming weekend. "It's part of the game. The most successful people in the world when they do have a setback, they don't look back, they just move forward. For me, that's the plan."
- Joseph Benavidez-Ian McCall Headed For UFC 156
- Ultimate Fighter Headed To Tuesdays In 2013
- Dan Hardy Not Planning On Being Part Of UFC's Return To England In 2013
- Ryan Bader-Vladimir Matyushenko Added To UFC On Fox 6
- Bellator 83 Finalized With Early Start Time
- Urijah Faber-Ivan Menjivar Expected For UFC 157
- Final Fight Makes Invicta FC 4 Official
- Luke Rockhold Responds To Michael Bisping Saying He's The Unofficial Strikeforce Champion
- Relive Eight Fights Featuring Benson Henderson, Nate Diaz Ahead Of UFC On Fox 5
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.