Tim Boetsch pulled what many considered a monumental upset when he defeated Yushin Okami earlier this year in Japan. Now, Boetsch gets his chance to prove his standing in the UFC's middleweight division when he welcomes Hector Lombard to the Octagon.
Boetsch-Lombard will be the co-main event of UFC 149: Faber vs. Barao Saturday night. The card takes place on pay-per-view from Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
"Knocking out Hector Lombard proves I'm next in line for a middleweight title shot," said Boetsch, during a recent interview with MMAFighting.com. "I don't mind flying under the radar. I like coming into these fights as the underdog. I know Hector's the favorite and that's fine by me."
Boetsch feels like he can surprise people, adding, "I think this fight with Hector is gonna streamline my path to the title."
- Evan Dunham Vs. TJ Grant At UFC 152
- Bellator 72 Weigh-In Results: All Fighters Hit The Mark
- Ian McCall Headed To UFC On FOX 4 Vs. John Moraga
- November Still A Go For Georges St-Pierre's Return
- UFC Targets Cung Le Vs. Rich Franklin For China
- Cheick Kongo Doesn't Want To Be A "Gatekeeper" In UFC
- Brian Ebersole Offers Up His Tickets For UFC 149
- UFC Middleweight Division Full Of Contenders For Anderson Silva
- Video: UFC 149: Faber Vs. Barao Pre-Fight Press Conference
- UFC Makes Jose Aldo-Erik Koch Official For UFC 153
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.