Thiago Silva has been given a six-month suspension and must attend a drug rehab program after testing positive for marijuana metabolites following his November 10 fight with Stanislav Nedkov.
"Thiago Silva tested positive for marijuana metabolites following his bout at UFC on Fuel TV in Macau," a statement from the UFC read. "The UFC organization has a strict, consistent policy against the use of any illegal and/or performance-enhancing drugs, stimulants or masking agents."
The statement continued, saying, "Silva has admitted to taking the banned substance and has agreed to participate in an approved drug-rehabilitation program."
Silva earned a submission victory over Nedkov, though that will likely be changed to a no-contest due to the failed drug test. This is the second failed post-fight drug test for Silva, as he was found to have fake urine in his system following a 2011 win over Brandon Vera.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- UFC Took Care Of Fabio Maldonado For Accepting Glover Teixeira Fight
- Alessio Sakara's Quest For Appeal Denied
- Jon Jones Was Kept Off TUF Due To His Age
- Chael Sonnen Turned Down Spot On TUF 1
- Rich Clementi: I’m From A Different Fight Generation
- Tyrone Spong’s Return To Kickboxing Delayed
- Urijah Faber-Vaughan Lee In Works For UFC 156
- Scott Coker On Exposing Female MMA
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.