"Me my camp American Top Team and my Manager Dan Lamert decide after chest surgery this year to fix my left knee as well," Alves recently posted on Twitter. "Take care all my...injuries and health issues to come back stronger then ever for 2013! Been fighting with a bad left knee since 2009 before the first time I was suppose to fight (Jon) Fitch and didn't happen cause of my left PCL. Over the year just been getting worst after 3 years my ACL is damage now. So is time to rebuild the machine to comeback strong for 2013."
Alves is 19-9 in his career, but just 2-4 inside the Octagon. He was recently defeated by Martin Kampmann via submission in his lone 2012 appearance.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Video: Dana White Returns With A Video Blog
- Anderson Silva To Attend UFC 154, Rumors Of GSP Call-Out Begin
- Demetrious Johnson-John Dodson Set For UFC On Fox 6
- Bellator 81 Set With Season Seven Lightweight Semis
- One Year Suspension For Stephan Bonnar Following Failed Drug Test
- WSOF 1 Event Draws Nearly 200,000 Viewers
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.