It took him losing his job with the UFC, but Nate Marquardt has discontinued his usage of testosterone replacement therapy.
Marquardt infamously lost his spot on the Zuffa roster after tanking a main event bout against Rick Story when he showed up with elevated testosterone levels just before the fight. Now, a year later, Marquardt is back with Zuffa and poised to fight for the Strikeforce welterweight title. During a recent appearance on MMAFighting's The MMA Hour, Marquardt discussed his decision to cease TRT.
"No, I'm not using (TRT). I just saw that I didn't know if I was gonna be able to fulfill my dreams going that route," Marquardt explained. "I just feel like it was so much of a hassle and a stress with the commissions and all that I guess that the right thing for me to do right now is to choose not to do it. And you know, definitely I've pursued a lot of other stuff to try to help my health and a lot of it's helping. Like I said, I feel great right now. I'm in really good shape and that's not something I'm worried about right now."
Marquardt is set to face Tyron Woodley for the vacant Strikeforce belt at Stirkeforce: Rockhold vs. Kennedy on Saturday, July 14.
Popular VideoThis judge looked an inmate square in the eyes and did something that left the entire courtroom in tears:
- New Main Event Announced For UFC On FOX
- Ian McCall Talks Training And Upcoming Rematch With Demetrious Johnson
- Mark Munoz Remains Diplomatic In Pick For Silva Vs Sonnen II
- Fabricio Werdum Feeling Confident Ahead Of Bout With Mike Russow
- Brian Stann Injured, Out Of UFC On Fox 4 Main Event
- Dana White Breaks Down Pacquiao-Bradley
- Nate Marquardt Says He's Off Of TRT
- Brian Stann Guarantees Violence Against Hector Lombard
- Rory MacDonald Talks "Exciting" Prospect Of Facing B.J. Penn
- Mike Pyle On His Impending War With Josh Neer
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.