According to MMAWeekly, UFC 151 will play host to a bantamweight tilt between Takeya Mizugaki and Jeff Hougland.
Since making his debut under the Zuffa banner at WEC 40, Mizugaki (15-7-2) has gone back and forth between winning and losing every other fight. 4-5 in his last nine and 2-2 in the UFC, Mizugaki is currently coming off of a very controversial split decision loss to Chris Cariaso that took place at UFC 144 this past January. Now, he'll be looking to get back and stay on the winning track beginning with this fight against Hougland.
Hougland (10-5) made his UFC debut at UFC 132 in July of last year, defeating Donny Walker by unanimous decision. In his next fight though, Hougland dropped a unanimous decision to Yves Jabouin, which took place at UFC on Fuel TV 3 in May.
UFC 151 is set to take place on September 1 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. It is expected to feature a light heavyweight contest between UFC champ Jon Jones and Dan Henderson.
Popular VideoThis judge looked an inmate square in the eyes and did something that left the entire courtroom in tears:
- With Win Over Josh Neer, Mike Pyle Fancies Himself A Contender
- Mike Russow Talks Under The Radar Status, Bout With Werdum This Saturday
- Wanderlei Silva Not Planning To Retire Anytime Soon
- Carlos Condit Talks Jon Jones' DUI
- Takeya Mizugaki Vs. Jeff Hougland Set For UFC 151
- Bellator Signs Former U.S. Olympic Qualifier
- Injury Forces TUF Brazil Finals Change At UFC 147 This Saturday
- Condit Says Rematch With Kampmann More Compelling Than Bout With Hendricks
- Michael Bisping Says Chael Sonnen "Quaking In His Boots" Over Potential Rematch
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.