Despite solid television ratings, the recent Strikeforce: Rousey vs. Kaufman card did not deliver in the arena. According to numbers obtained by MMAjunkie.com from the California Athletic Commission, just 3,502 fans attended the event.
The card drew a live gate of $145,510, despite almost 700,000 viewers tuning in to the main event between Ronda Rousey and Sarah Kaufman.
In terms of TV ratings, the event had 529,000 viewers for the average, placing it among the top Strikeforce events of all-time on Showtime.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Ken Shamrock Accused Of Assaulting A Woman
- Joe Rogan Feels The Older The Fighter The Better
- Lyoto Machida Turns Down Title Shot, Jon Jones Gets New Opponent For UFC 152
- Jon Jones Finally Makes His First Public Statements Since UFC 151 Cancellation
- Strikeforce: Rousey Vs. Kaufman Draws Over 3,500
- Joe Lauzon Does His Best To Sum Up The Entire Jon Jones-UFC 151 Drama
- Lightweights Shane Roller-Jacob Volkmann, Michael Johnson-Danny Castillo Moved To October
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.