Strikeforce officials have confirmed that the planned November 3 event in Oklahoma City has been cancelled. Rumors of this happening have floated around for several weeks.
The event was set to feature Daniel Cormier vs. Frank Mir. Mir, however, pulled out with an injury several weeks ago and not replacement was signed. Also, Strikeforce middleweight champion Luke Rockhold was injured in training and removed from a co-main event bout with Lorenz Larkin.
"Due to a series of injuries, we were forced to cancel the upcoming card on Nov. 3, but are already working to put together a stacked card in January," Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker said.
"While we're disappointed with the cancellation, we are looking forward to an even bigger Strikeforce event on Showtime next year," said Showtime Sports executive vice president and general manager, Stephen Espinoza.
- Chris Camozzi Plans To Donate Part Of His Purse Back To Brazilian Youth
- Video: Extended Preview For Saturday's UFC 153 Card
- Bellator 76 Official With Weigh-Ins Complete
- Jon Fitch Getting Title Shots Is A "Popularity Contest"
- Phil Davis Planning To Finish Wagner Prado And Set The Record Straight
- Mark DellaGrotte Talks Here Comes The Boom, Hopes Bonnar Gets Out Of Brazil Alive
- Glover Teixeira Ready To Bring Excitement To The Octagon
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.