Fighters struggle to prepare for Stefan Struve because of his 6-foot-11 frame. Stipe Miocic, however, found the perfect training partner to mimic Struve.
The two heavyweights will square off this coming Saturday night at UFC on Fuel TV: Struve vs. Miocic. The card takes place from England.
To try and figure out how to combat the size of Struve, Miocic trained with former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia. Sylvia is 6-foot-8 and has an 80-inch reach - which is still four inches less than Struve's.
"Finding guys who are 6-foot-11 to spar with is hard but I did train with Tim Sylvia and I know I can get past Struve's reach and land my punches," Miocic said. "I expect a tough fight - there's a lot on the line for both of us."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
This will be Miocic's first UFC main event. He is 9-0 in his career and 3-0 in the UFC, including a pair of stoppage victories.
"This is a big fight for me," Miocic said. "Struve is a very big guy with a long reach and great (Brazilian jiu-jitsu). I've prepared very hard. I've trained very hard to make sure I win this fight."
- Submission Specialist Paul Sass Wants To Be The First To Submit Matt Wiman
- Dan Henderson Would Take Fight With GSP If Offered
- UFC Planning Regular Dates For Montreal, Toronto Cards
- Matt Hughes To Remain A Member Of The UFC
- Nick Diaz Seeking Another Overturn Of Suspension
- Stefan Struve Not Worried About Getting Knocked Out By Stipe Miocic
- Bellator 74 Weigh-In Results, All Fighters Make Weight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.