Stephan Bonnar will be the bigger fighter when he goes nose-to-nose with Anderson Silva prior to exchanging blows Saturday night at UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar. The bout headlines the Rio de Janeiro, Brazil show on pay-per-view.
Despite being the decisive underdog, and having more-or-less come out of retirement to face the UFC middleweight champion, "The American Psycho" plans to use his weight-edge vs. "The Spider."
"He's fighting me at my weight, 205 pounds, and that gives me an advantage," Bonnar said. "He's not fought anyone who will come at him like I will. He's the most accurate striker in the sport, so I know I am going to get punched and kicked."
Bonnar was pressed about his fighting future earlier this year, and stated at the time he would only return for "big-name fights," as he was tired of being a gatekeeper for rising prospects.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
"Be careful what you wish for because you just might get it," Bonnar said. "I asked for a big name, and I got the biggest name in the sport. If I win this fight, I shock the world. I rule the world. Life is going to be good Saturday night."
- Chris Camozzi Plans To Donate Part Of His Purse Back To Brazilian Youth
- Video: Extended Preview For Saturday's UFC 153 Card
- Bellator 76 Official With Weigh-Ins Complete
- Jon Fitch Getting Title Shots Is A "Popularity Contest"
- Phil Davis Planning To Finish Wagner Prado And Set The Record Straight
- Mark DellaGrotte Talks Here Comes The Boom, Hopes Bonnar Gets Out Of Brazil Alive
- Glover Teixeira Ready To Bring Excitement To The Octagon
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.