Marc Ratner, the UFC vice president of regulatory affairs, handed down a one-year suspension for Stephan Bonnar following a failed second drug test. Bonnar, who announced his retirement recently, tested positive for an anabolic steroid.
"We're going to have a statement about random testing and more testing very soon," said Ratner, in an interview with MMAjunkie.com. "We're forming new policies. I'd say before (the) new year, we'll have some more policies about drug testing."
Dave Herman, who also failed his drug test following UFC 153: Silva vs. Bonnar, was earmarked for a lesser suspension and a drug treatment program. Herman had marijuana in his system.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Video: Dana White Returns With A Video Blog
- Anderson Silva To Attend UFC 154, Rumors Of GSP Call-Out Begin
- Demetrious Johnson-John Dodson Set For UFC On Fox 6
- Bellator 81 Set With Season Seven Lightweight Semis
- One Year Suspension For Stephan Bonnar Following Failed Drug Test
- WSOF 1 Event Draws Nearly 200,000 Viewers
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.