Over the weekend it was announced that Strikeforce light heavyweight contender Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante had tested positive for a banned substance prior to his May contest against Mike Kyle.
This week, the California State Athletic Commission revealed that the substance Cavalcante tested positive for was stanozolol, an anabolic steroid.
As a result, the Brazilian fighter has been suspended for a year, fined $2,500 and had the result of his bout with Kyle (originally a first-round submission win) overturned to a No Contest.
MMAJunkie reports that Cavalcante and his camp have filed an appeal against the CSAC's findings and are currently waiting on a hearing date.
- "Feijao" Cavalcante Popped For Stanozolol, Files Appeal With CSAC
- Martin Kampmann: “GSP’s Got The Real Belt… The Real Champ Is Still GSP”
- Michael Bisping Makes His Silva - Sonnen II Pick
- Alistair Overeem Intent On December Return
- "Countdown To UFC 147" Premieres Tonight
- Rousimar Palhares In For Luiz Cane Against Yushin Okami
- With Win Over Josh Neer, Mike Pyle Fancies Himself A Contender
- Mike Russow Talks Under The Radar Status, Bout With Werdum This Saturday
- Wanderlei Silva Not Planning To Retire Anytime Soon
- Carlos Condit Talks Jon Jones' DUI
- Takeya Mizugaki Vs. Jeff Hougland Set For UFC 151