Sad news has come out of South Carolina, as amateur MMA fighter Tyrone "Teesta" Mimms has passed away after a fight on Saturday night. The Post and Courier reported the news.
Mimms suffered problems backstage after his loss to Blake Poore and was brought to the Medical University Hospital. While there, Mimms was pronounced dead at 9:27 p.m. after the hospital tried life-saving efforts. An autopsy is scheduled for Monday.
Conflict MMA Promotions: Fight Night at the Point 6 took place from Mount Pleasant, South Carolina. Officials stopped the event and live stream shortly after Mimms was unresponsive after his fight with Poore.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
- Cris Cyborg Wants A Fight With Ronda Rousey "To Punch Her"
- Dominick Cruz Not Pondering Any Change In Weight Classes Yet
- Jon Jones "Confident That I'm Gonna TKO" Dan Henderson
- Former TUF Coach Jason "Mayhem" Miller Arrested
- Leonard Garcia Believes He’s Fighting When The UFC Invades China
- DeWayne Zinkin On Why American Kickboxing Academy Is The Place For Wrestlers To Morph Into Fighters
- The Office Was No Place For A Competitor Like Daniel Cormier
- Jake Shields Looking To Fight A Top Middleweight Fighter
- Gene LeBell Says Ronda Rousey Is The Ideal Female Athlete
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.