Rich Franklin believes he still has a title run left in his body before he retires. Now, it appears that Ed Soares, the manager for UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva, thinks Franklin could be a potential challenger.
Franklin is a former 185-pound UFC champion. He has bounced around between weight classes, but is now focused on being a middleweight. Recently, "Ace" defeated Wanderlei Silva, and is rumored to be fighting Cung Le later this year.
"The only guy that Rich Franklin has ever lost to at 185 pounds is Anderson," said Soares, during a recent interview with MMAjunkie.com. "So when you look at the 185-pound division, he's definitely up in the mix as far as a contender. I think (Silva would) be interested in fighting Franklin again, just simply because he respects Rich a lot."
Silva claimed the UFC middleweight title with a TKO victory in the first round over Franklin back in 2006, while also defending the belt in 2007. That fight was also ended via TKO, this time in the second round.
Popular VideoThis judge looked an inmate square in the eyes and did something that left the entire courtroom in tears:
- UFC Gold Remains Mike Swick's Ultimate Goal
- Ed Soares Feels Like Anderson Silva-Nick Diaz Is "Pretty Good"
- Brandon Vera Thought Jon Jones "Sucked" During Their Fight Until...
- Video: BJ Penn Offers Up First Installment Of His Video Blog
- Anthony Johnson Will Face Fellow Ex-UFC Fighter Jake Rosholt In September
- Roy Nelson Posts Interesting List Of Allowed, Not-Allowed TUF Coaches
- Roy Nelson Unsure If UFC Will Approve Of His TUF Coaches
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.