While Shawn Bunch's (1-0) MMA debut may not have been perfect, it was enough to secure the win. The four time NCAA Division I national wrestler defeated Chad Coon (0-3) at Bellator 82 this past Friday.
Despite competing in hundreds of wrestling matches his entire life, when it came time for his MMA debut Bunch had a feeling he couldn't describe.
"It's a different feeling, but I'm ready," said Bunch to MMA Junkie.
And ready he was, securing a unanimous decision win.
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
Bunch had looked to compete in the 2012 Olympics, but just missed out in qualifying. He currently trains with Strikeforce grand prix champion Daniel Cormier (10-0) and former light heavyweight champion Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal (8-1-1 NC).
The next fight for Bunch has not been disclosed.
- Joseph Benavidez-Ian McCall Headed For UFC 156
- Ultimate Fighter Headed To Tuesdays In 2013
- Dan Hardy Not Planning On Being Part Of UFC's Return To England In 2013
- Ryan Bader-Vladimir Matyushenko Added To UFC On Fox 6
- Bellator 83 Finalized With Early Start Time
- Urijah Faber-Ivan Menjivar Expected For UFC 157
- Final Fight Makes Invicta FC 4 Official
- Luke Rockhold Responds To Michael Bisping Saying He's The Unofficial Strikeforce Champion
- Relive Eight Fights Featuring Benson Henderson, Nate Diaz Ahead Of UFC On Fox 5
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.