Invicta Fighting Championships has announced that former Strikeforce champion Sarah Kaufman will face Kaitlin Young at Invicta FC 3. The card takes place October 6 from Kansas City's Memorial Hall.
Kaufman (15-2) recently faced Strikeforce bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey, falling in the first round via armbar. Young (7-6-1) lost to Liz Carmouche last month via rear-naked choke.
"Invicta FC has made huge waves for women in MMA over the last five months," Kaufman said. "It's been amazing to watch so many of the top women all fight on the same card, so I'm looking forward to being a part of their next show."
Young knows that this will not be an easy fight, adding, "Sarah is a great fighter who has made a big name for herself in the sport, so I'm looking forward to the challenge."
Popular VideoThis young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert. A few moments later, he made her wildest dreams come true.
The Invicta FC 3 main event features Jessica Penne taking on Naho Sugiyama for the atomweight title. Shayna Baszler and Sarah D'Alelio meet in the co-main event.
- Tim Means-Abel Trujillo, Daron Cruickshank-Henry Martinez Moved To UFC On Fox 5
- Chael Sonnen Says Vitor Belfort "Never Shows Up," Will Pull Out Of Jon Jones Fight
- Mike Swick-Matt Brown To Square Off At UFC On Fox 5
- Heavyweights Brendan Schaub, Lavar Johnson Headed For Seattle
- Bellator Returns To Ohio, Two Names Confirmed
- Jon Jones Responds To News Dan Henderson Was Injured Three Weeks Prior To Cancelling Fight
- Dan Henderson Targets Year-End Show For Return To Action
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.